Friday 7 February 2014

January 2014 is over?

Wow! We are already in February, 2014!!  Time REALLY flies.

With the girls home on summer break along with numerous functions and to top it all, Chinese New Year, it has been very busy.  I LOVE having my girls  home with me ( Non-stop "mummy ...mummy ")  , but I am glad that they off to school as of this week. At least, I get a break to update my blog.

 
Chinese New Year is the most important celebration and is the first day of the first lunar month of Chinese calendar year.  This is The Year of the Wood Horse. Horse is one of the favorite animals among the 12 animals. It is a symbol for speedy success. Mandarin oranges, lanterns, red clothing, yummy goodies  and firework are some of the must have to celebrate chinese new year.



We welcomed the Year of the Wood Horse in Kluang with family and friends. It was fun and tiring. I am happy that we are in this country. My girls likes celebrating all the festivals here with family and friends... Hari Raya, Deepavali, Chinese New Year and many more. We are so blessed.




We often get last minute request for cakes. We try our best to accommodate all request but had to reject some. Please understand that we only bake and decorate each cakes as per your request. Each are unique to represent the occasion. We do not have ready made cakes or frosting in our freezer that we use. All are baked fresh as required.


The above is one of my favourite cakes. Delicious orange butter cake for a grandmother who loves to read. I love how the cake turned up like some old book, with rough edges and yellow pages.

 

\What do you think of the cake below? Can you recognise the grey item in the middle?


It is suppose to be a microphone. This is a cake for double celebration. Both of them love karaoke, thus the microphone. I enjoyed making this cake. It is a double chocolate cake with buttercream filling and topped with ganache with fondant decorations.



 
If you are a chocolate lover, you would love this cake.A rich moist chocolate cake filled with chocolate mouse and  topped with dark chocolate ganache. It melts in your mouth, all chocolaty. Bliss!!
 

No comments: